Today I celebrated my birthday with a funfetti cake and homemade pasta dinner.
Simple and beautiful, and the exact slow down I needed this month. With a bit of chaos swirling around in the middle of a busy season of life and business (which seems to just be always), my birthday has always felt like the personal equivalent of New Year’s Day. A blank page on a year that’s filled with possibilities. Except I’ve always liked it better than actual New Year’s Day because it comes without the hype of competing with everyone else’s resolutions. So I thought I’d share a little more about what I’m looking forward to in this upcoming year both personally and professionally:
- Grow and expand Heirloom with the central mission that weddings and life can be done beautifully and meaningfully.
- Enrich the planning process experience for my clients with guidance that encompasses more than checklists and templates. I’ve felt a strong pull lately that there are some missing resources in this process and that so much of the initial stages of planning are glossed over.
- Do this thing called business ownership with grace and intention. To say it’s a wild ride is an understatement that I have only fully come to understand these last few months. I want to look back on this next year and know that I put my heart and soul into this business I believe in.
- Give Heirloom an online home that better reflects the vision I have for this business and serves my clients and potential clients well. This is one of the things I’m most excited about for the next year and I can’t wait to share more as the process unfolds.
- Continue to let myself create in whatever form inspires and restores me. As the pressures of running a business mount, I crave more and more the freedom to let my mind and creativity run free. I want to give myself the time and space this year to create for nothing more than the relaxation and rejuvenation it brings me.
- Pour in to my friends, family and community in the way that they’ve done for me this last year. The love, encouragement and support I’ve received has been incredible. I would not be here without the people around me. I want to give that back ten-fold to the lives of everyone who lifted me up this year.
- And most importantly - Marry the man I am so incredibly fortunate to spend my life with. It’s a bit surreal and very refining to be on this side of the aisle, so to speak. And it’s felt right to go through our own planning process without sharing much publicly. But it’s deepened many of the values I’ve held personally and my passion for Heirloom and I’m looking forward to sharing more when the time feels right.