Happy New Year Friends!!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and celebrated 2016 away in exactly the way that you wanted to. This year I rang in the New Year with a really lovely couple at my last wedding of the season. It felt like a very fitting end to all that 2016 was and I’m truly thankful for opportunity to work with them, and also for the walking-taco midnight snack bar (the BEST!). Mike and I celebrated on Sunday morning with mimosas, homemade biscuits and gravy and all three of our dogs on the sofa. It was exactly the deep relaxation I needed to start this year refreshed.
I went back and forth with sharing my goals for the year, and ultimately decided to share them mostly for personal reasons. I LOVE reading other’s goal posts (two of my favs are Nancy and Diana), and it helps keep me accountable to breaking them down into smaller chunks. I hope you enjoy reading them too. If not, come back later this week for some tips on adding video to your wedding planning! Over the holiday season I blocked out some big chunks on my calendar to think about what I wanted 2017 to be. I used the PowerSheet system for the first part of my goal setting and then broke each goal down into more action steps. I’ve used the PowerSheets system in the past and this year they felt more clear and refined and useful in narrowing down all of the things in my brain.
First, here’s a high level overview of what I’m working on for 2017 as a whole:
- Refine Products and Service Offerings to a profitable and sustainable business model. Throughout 2016 I learned a lot about where I shined with my service offerings, and where I did not. I’m working through refining the services I offer to better maximize those strengths and also in a way that makes sense for my life as a whole.
- Refine Client Workflow to a different & joyful planning experience. This is a goal I started implementing in the last few months of 2016 and it one I’m really excited to finish developing over the next month. I tweak and refine my workflow slightly every time I go through it, but this was a drastic overhaul for me. I started with big blank pieces of paper and a pen. I wrote, scratched out, rewrote and moved things around - even pieces that I thought were tenets of my process. I started to feel really excited about what was coming to life and it really started to feel more like me than I had ever experienced before. Clear, easy to map out, and separated into phases with distinct start and end points, instead of an endless overwhelm of tasks. More importantly, the opportunity for me to infuse each phase with fun and intentional time for my couples to focus on the planning and then rest and focus on each other.
- Build, Lead and Mentor a Team. This is a scary one for me, because I truly have no idea how this one will play out for me this year. It’s on the list because it needs to be. Not only for Heirloom to grow, but for me personally. My action steps for this goal are currently just a bunch of ????
- Refine and focus the Heirloom brand and expand the mission to encourage others to do what is right for them. New logo, new branding, new website. All in the works!
- Collaborate with other creatives and businesses that fit the Heirloom Brand and Mission.
For January That Means that this is my focus:
- New headshots and brand photos
- Send out my 2nd monthly newsletter (coming this week! Sign up here to make sure you’re on the list)
- Complete EL Playbook Well-loved Brand Masterclass
- Read Profit First
- Write content outline for planning system.
- Plan + Implement successful Indie Wed booth and partner with Aisle Society to design the 3rd floor Lounge Space! (I’d love to see you there! Ticket giveaway here!)
One of the things I love about the Powersheets are the Weekly and Daily Tending Lists to help you track small daily habits. Honestly, this is a part of the Powersheets I haven’t done in past years. All the things go in the way and I would get busy and not commit. This year I’m focusing more on daily habits as a way to provide some structure to entrepreneur-life.
- Inbox Zero (yes, every week!)
- Use my time on social media to encourage others, not mindlessly scroll
- IG + FB posts scheduled
- Write 5 handwritten notes. Using these!
- Block my work time and tasks on my google calendar.
- Drink 75 oz of water
- Eat 5 cups of vegetables
- 30 Minutes of exercise
- Walk our pups!
- No phone scrolling from 8pm-7am
- Money Minute
Well! That was a lot. If anyone made it down this far, thank you for reading!
If you’re blogging your goals, I’d love to follow along with you too! Leave your blog link in the comments.