Welcome bags are most certainly my love language! Creating a special welcome for your guests who have traveled for miles and carved a weekend out of their schedules is a lovely way to say thank you. But, it doesn't have to be complicated. A few creature comforts go a very long way. Today Molly from Flour & Fig is sharing some great tips on how to thoughtfully welcome your guests in a beautifully personalized way! If you just can't add one more thing to your wedding to-do list, Molly can create these custom beauties for you! Be sure to also check out Flour & Fig's gorgeous collection of pre-designed curated boxes for all types of celebrations.
Everyone loves a unique, personalized & delicious gift, especially those guests that are traveling to a wedding. Being greeted with a little something special is the cherry on top of what will be a beautiful weekend ahead.
A few tips on what to include in your wedding welcome bags:
1. Something to snack on. Having a few goodies that guests can munch on throughout the weekend is ideal. Try to include a good variety of salty & sweet & even adding a piece of fresh fruit can help brighten your bag right up! Including a few of your favorite treats is a great way to personalize each bag.
2. Something to help your guests relax. Including a product that will make your guests feel more at home is such a lovely surprise. Add a small container of bath salts or hand soap, a few packets of your favorite tea or a bag of coffee, or a bottle of your favorite wine, beer or cider.
3. Something fresh. Including a small bouquet that matches those throughout the weekend is a nice way to brighten up the room accommodations. Or, adding a small succulent plant that can be kept & replanted is a sweet way for guests to remember your special day.
4. Something to show guests around. Adding a map of the of the city or town where the wedding will be held is a nice way to give your guests a self-guided tour of the area. Add stars to your favorite local shops & restaurants &, for a little extra, you can even include a small gift card for a coffee or pastry, compliments of the bride & groom, to your favorite coffee shop.
5. Something personal. Taking the time to write something special to your guests is memorable & thoughtful. &, create a gift bag that will fit with your theme for the weekend by adding ribbon & a cute name tag that matches your colors. These small personalized touches will help your guests feel appreciated & loved.
Welcome bags are an invitation to your guests to relax & enjoy the weekend ahead. Adding some of these thoughtful gifts to your bags is a beautiful way to share with your guests a bit about yourself & a lovely way to say thank you for being a part of your special day.
Molly Weener is the pastry chef behind Flour & Fig, a business that was created to help celebrate the largest & smallest celebrations because life should be simple & sweet. She believes that good butter makes everything taste better, sweet snacks are balanced best with a sprinkling of salt & fresh flowers make everything lovely. You can find her at:
(All photos credited to Casey Harrison of Hello Love Photo. Logo design by Katherine Corden)