Checking in for my second goals post of the year. See my first post here! January was a doozy of a month for me. A hard and refining month where on paper, it appears I fell on my face a little, but in hindsight it was a growth month that I really needed to have. I started off the month with a big list of things to that HAD to be done. Some actual deadlines, some self imposed goals and off I went, running strong. A week in, I got the flu and I was really sick. So not in the plans! I tried my best to rest, and took medicine and cleared my schedule a little, but the sickness really held on. By week two I was exhausted, still feeling badly, and doing my best to keep all of my actual deadlines on track. The rest of that big lofty list floating woefully to the bottom of the pond. The doctor told me that my body was holding on to the sickness out of exhaustion. I wanted to cry, but I was honestly too tired and sick to muster a tear.
I chugged along through the rest of the month. Doing what was absolutely critical. Letting go of some things completely, and falling somewhere in the middle on most of the rest. My goals list shrunk down to two things: 1) Have a really awesome Indie Wed Booth and Lounge and 2) Get myself healthy. Overall, it has really helped me think about sustainability in my business, and personal health. Lessons happen when we need to learn them the most in my experience. Here’s a snippet of where January ended on paper:
- New headshots and brand photos Nope! Didn’t happen. Moving to February.
- Send out my 2nd monthly newsletter YES! Actually this is one thing I really enjoyed this month. February’s newsletter is scheduled for February 7th! Sign up Here!
- Complete EL Playbook Well-loved Brand Masterclass - Technically Completed, but there are pieces that I’d love to revisit and spend more time on.
- Read Profit First Ha! I had weeks where staying awake longer than 4 hours was a true challenge.
- Write content outline for planning system. Basic outline written! Much more in depth thought needed on this one.
- Plan + Implement successful Indie Wed booth and partner with Aisle Society to design the 3rd floor Lounge Space! Yes, Yes, Yes! We had a wonderful day and created a really beautiful and relaxing space. Looking back, this should have been one of my only goals for the month. Live and learn. See below for some BTS pics!
- Inbox Zero (yes, every week!) - One week yes. All others no. Not feeling totally off track and really liked having this is a goal.
- Use my time on social media to encourage others, not mindlessly scroll I ended up with a true social media break this month and it was good to step away to let my body and mind rest, but overall no real social media goals were accomplished.
- IG + FB posts scheduled - Nope! See above.
- Write 5 handwritten notes. No one wanted my germ covered notes this month anyway! Trying again next month!
- Block my work time and tasks on my google calendar. Blocked and then thrown out the window to help myself rest. But lots of lessons learned that I think will carry through to other months.
- Drink 75 oz of water - Yes! So much water and tea.
- Eat 5 cups of vegetables - I had zero appetite for most of the month. I actually relied on green juice and smoothies most days to get anything into my body. So I’ll consider this one partially met.
- 30 Minutes of exercise - Nope! I did my first workout back this morning. 15 minutes total and really low impact. BUT even when I was sick, I really craved being able to work out, so I like that I’m building the daily habit.
- Walk our pups! - Ehh, kind of. Mike took on the brunt of this duty over the month, but I did some just to get myself out of the house.
- No phone scrolling from 8pm-7am
- Money Minute - I actually did this pretty consistently on the days I wasn’t at the worst of being sick.
Some Behind the Scenes Snaps from Indie Wed this past weekend! Full recap coming soon!
Monthly Goals - A more edited list this month to focus on doing less, better
- Spring Client Planning and 2018 New Client work! (Currently booking both 2017 and 2018 dates!)
- Send Monthly Newsletter!
- Schedule and Plan New Headshots
- Tax Prep
- Inbox Zero once per week
- One partial or full day off a week based on Mike’s schedule
- Use my time on social media to encourage other and not mindlessly scroll
- Read for 60 minutes, at least three times per week
- Drink 75 oz of Water
- Eat 5 cups of veggies
- 30 minutes of exercise a day
- No Phone Scroll 8pm-7am
- Money Minute