Fall is my most favorite season of the year, and I couldn't resist a little round up of the things I'm loving having around this year. I hope your fall is filled with football tailgates, weddings, pumpkin patches, and long walks in the leaves!
- Hunter Wellies - It has been raining for what feels like weeks and weeks on end here in Chicago. Mike gave me a pair of these hunter green rain boots last year for Christmas and I've never worn them as much as I have in the past two weeks.
- Dark Wash Jeggings - I'm late to the jegging train having whole heartedly writing them off as only for teenagers. But when I started working from home a few months ago I went in search of the perfect work-from-home-pants. I wanted something that made me feel more put together than leggings, but were still comfortable. Regular jeans felt too formal (ridiculous, I know!), and I needed something that would be a dog hair magnet. Boom. Dark wash jeggings. I'm dipping my toe in with this pair from Target that's uber comfortable and comes in both mid and high rise.
- Leather Handled Clippers - Working with florals has been such a fun addition in the last few months. I've had the opportunity to freelance with some really wonderful floral designers and watch and learn how they're perfecting their craft.
- Grace Not Perfection Journal - Fall has certainly been a season of change in my life and I process change best by writing. This journal from the Emily Ley collection has been sitting on my shelf for a long time with blank pages. I pulled it off the shelf recently and I've started journalling for a few minutes every morning while I have my coffee. I love the simplistic design of the pages. It's been a great release to work through the emotional side of running a business and I love that I'll have a record of Heirloom's beginnings that I can look back on in years to come. Her book landed on my doorstep yesterday and I'm dying to clear my to-do list to curl up with it all day today.
- Jasmine Tea - My current favorite that I've been sipping on all day long most days. It smells SO good, has minimal caffeine.
- Birch Log Bundles - I'm a very minimal seasonal decorator. I don't have a lot of extra decor items that come out around the holidays. City apartment living is already so cramped that anything else just feels like unnecessary clutter. But I do like to add some natural and organic looking seasonal touches. My current favorite are these stack of birch logs bundled up with jute cords.
- Candles with Cloche Jars - One of the things I was looking forward to most when I was planning my work from home transition was the thought of burning a candle on my desk throughout the day. Turns out, I was right and it's pretty great! Nothing up levels your candle like a glass cloche. My desk dreams come true!
What are your current favorites this season?!