Cover Image By: Lindsey Kay Photography
Your wedding planning countdown may stretch on for months and months, but in a blink of an eye it will be the Monday morning before your wedding and you'll want to soak in that time and enjoy your wedding celebration as much as possible. Here are ten last minute to dos for the week of your wedding:
1) If you don't yet have your marriage license, make a plan to get it early in the week. Nearly all counties (the municipal body that issues marriage license) require you to appear in person and together. Many also have a waiting period of 24-48 hours before your license becomes valid. Clear your schedules and go and do it. If you already have it, that's great! Double check that you know exactly where it is and have it set aside and easily accessible for your officiant. Plan to bring it to your rehearsal and hand it off to your officiant then.
2) Pack and organize ALL of your wedding weekend supplies. Do this as early in the week as possible. Especially if you are notorious for packing for vacation the morning you leave for the airport. If you have multiple events throughout your wedding weekend, label the boxes by event and pack things together.
3) Gather a copy of all of your paper goods for your photographer. This includes, Save the Dates, invitations, response cards, envelopes, menus and any other paper goods elements you have. Pack this with your Wedding Morning items so the photographer can easily get to it for detail photos.
4) Plan what you'll wear on your wedding morning. Your photographer will more than likely be taking some photos while you're getting ready and you don't want those photos to be of you in a your favorite netflix-watchging-old-tshirt. You don't have to have matching outfits for everyone in the room, but pick something for yourself that's easy to get on and off without pulling it over your head and will make you feel special (because you are!).
5) If you'll be giving gratuities to your vendors, get the cash or checks ready and place them in sealed envelopes with the vendor's name written clearly on the front. If someone other than you will be distributing these (wedding planner, friend or family member), check in with them so they know when you'll be handing off the envelopes to them for safe keeping.
6) If you and your partner are exchanging gifts or cards on wedding morning, have yours purchased and written out, wrapped and in a place for safe keeping.
7) Gather all of your wedding outfit accessories into one spot. This might be earnings, other jewelry, shoes, shoes inserts, undergarments, veil, ties, cufflinks, belts, pocket squares,
8) Call and request early check in at the hotel. Sometimes hotels can do this for you ahead of time when you're booking suites. Most hotels will allow you early check in based on availability that week. Call and see if it's possible to give yourself more time and make your travel process easier.
9) Fill your car with gas early in the week. These small things are what make big days ahead less stressful.
10) Set a time in the week to stop worrying or doing any unfinished tasks. This time will really truly fly by in the blink of an eye. Having this amount of family, friends and loved ones all together at the same time is a remarkable thing. Don't miss out on it by rushing through the entire week.